Every bike manufactured by Bluejay Electric Bicycles is covered under a 24-month, all-inclusive warranty policy for the original owner against all manufacturing defects.
Details of the policy and its exclusions are provided below, yet are subject to change at any time.
Bluejay Electric Bicycles warrants its bikes and their individual components against defects in material or workmanship as follows:
Bluejay Electric Bicycles’ bike components including frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, seat saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reflectors, and hardware are warranted to the original owner to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 24-month period from the date of original purchase.
Bluejay Electric Bicycles’ lithium ion batteries are warranted to the original owner be free from manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 24-month period from the date of original purchase. The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, disassembly, normal wear, or water damage.
- Liability for material defects does not cover normal wear and tear, which occurs from the intended use of the product.
- Components such as the battery, motor system, braking system, drivetrain system, seat, grips and pedals are all subject to intended use-related wear and are not covered under the warranty from normal wear.
- Damage arising from the use of the bike in a competition or other applications outside of normal intended use.
- Damage arising from improper tools, improper assembly, or improper maintenance performed on the bike.
- Damage resulting from adding non-standard aftermarket equipment, parts, or modifications.
Additional Warranty Terms
Proof of purchase is required with any warranty request.
The warranty does not cover any damage or defects resulting from failure to follow instructions in the owner’s manuals, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, wear and tear, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance. This warranty does not include normal wear and tear or consumable parts designed to wear down over time, including tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, spokes, and handlebar grips.
Bluejay Electric Bicycles will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure, or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts. In no event shall Bluejay Electric Bicycles be responsible for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages, including without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, or product liability in connection with their products.
All claims for warranty must be made through Bluejay Electric Bicycles.