Battery Safety Information
- Only charge the battery with the charger originally supplied by Bluejay Electric Bicycles, or a charger purchased directly from Bluejay Electric Bicycles, designed for use with your specific bike serial number, as approved by Bluejay Electric Bicycles. Never charge the battery with a different charger, which could cause damage to your bike, the battery, the charger, personal property, and/or serious injury or death.
- The charger plugs into standard home AC power outlets (110/220 V/50/60 Hz) and automatically detects incoming voltage.
- Only use the charger indoors in a dry, well- ventilated area, on a flat, stable, hard surface, away from sunlight, dirt or debris.
- Only use the charger with the indicator light facing upwards. Using it with the light facing downwards inhibits cooling and reduces charger lifespan.
- Charge in a clear area away from possible trip hazards.
- The battery may be safely charged while installed on the bike, as well as when it is removed from the bike.
- Avoid charger contact with liquids, dirt, debris, or metal objects.
- Do not cover the charger while in use or it can overheat.
- Carefully check the charger cables, charger, and battery for damage before each use.
- Do not open the charger or modify voltage input.
- When unplugging, carefully remove the AC and DC cables by pulling on the plastic plugs. Do not pull on the cables.
- The charger will get hot when operating as designed. If the charger gets too hot to touch, or if you notice a strange smell or any other indicator of overheating, immediately discontinue charger use and contact Bluejay Electric Bicycles Technical Support.
- When the battery is fully charged, the charger automatically stops charging.
- Store and use the charger in a safe place away from children and where it cannot suffer damage from falls or impact.
If the battery is physically damaged, non-functional, preforming abnormally, or was dropped or involved in a crash, with or without obvious signs of damage, please discontinue use and charging and contact Bluejay Electric Bicycles immediately.
Do not open the battery housing, which will void the warranty and can result in damage to the battery, property, serious injury, and/or death.