Yes, the bike will work in the rain; however, it is NOT meant for use in puddles, heavy rain, or streams. Never immerse or submerge the bike in water or liquid, as the electrical system may be damaged.
Ride in wet weather only if absolutely necessary, and please note the following:
- In wet weather, road hazards are more difficult to see and roads are more slippery
- In wet weather, the contact points for feet, hands, and tires become slippery, which can result in serious injury or death
- Decreasing your riding speed is recommended in order to help you control the bike
- Stopping the bike will take longer in wet conditions
- You must take care to be more visible to others on the road by wearing reflective clothing and using approved safety lights
In addition to avoiding riding in the rain, we recommend against transporting your Bluejay Electric Bicycle on an exposed vehicle rack during the rain, as this may cause water damage to the electrical components. Similarly, please do not store your Bluejay Electric Bicycle in the rain.
Contact Bluejay Electric Bicycles if you have questions about preventative measures.
If your bike is ever exposed to rain, allow it to dry out thoroughly and apply anti-rust treatment to the chain and other unpainted steel surfaces. Using the bike in wet conditions mandates a more regular maintenance schedule to ensure it does not become rusty or corroded, and to ensure all systems are always working safely.