How to Remove the Battery
- To remove the battery, insert the key and turn it counterclockwise for approximately 1/2 turn
- Release the key
- Grasp the top section of the battery and gently disengage it from the receptacle by sliding it to the right of the bicycle as it faces forward
- When the battery has cleared the top of the receptacle, carefully detach it from the battery connector terminals on the bottom of the receptacle.
- Using both hands, carefully pull the battery completely out of the receptacle.
Do not touch the “+” and “-” terminal contacts on the bottom of the battery after the battery is removed from the bike.
Be careful not to drop or damage the battery.
Always use caution to avoid damage to battery connector terminals, which are exposed when the battery is unlocked and removed from the frame of the bike. In the case of damage to the terminals or battery mounts, please discontinue use and contact Bluejay Electric Bicycles immediately.
How to Attach the Battery
Insert the battery very carefully, being sure not to damage the connectors or drop it.
- Begin by holding the end with the keyhole facing up.
- While standing or kneeling on the right hand side of the bike, align the bottom of the battery to the bottom of its receptacle.
- The battery must be angled out and to the right at first.
- Once the base is seated in the receptacle, gently slide the battery to the left and listen for it to click into place. Do not force the battery. Take time to carefully align it. The battery key is not needed for installation.