To extend the life of the battery and help reduce the chance of over-discharging it, we recommend fully charging the battery before each use of the bicycle.
- Charging the battery after short rides does not cause damage, and in fact, enhances the life of the battery.
- Properly maintain the battery by keeping it fully charged when between uses of up to two weeks apart.
When storing your Premiere Edition Bluejay for longer than two weeks at a time, follow these instructions to maintain the health and longevity of your battery:
- Charge (or discharge) the battery to approximately 75% charged.
- Power off the battery, unlock it from the receptacle, and use both hands to carefully lift the battery off the bike and place the battery in the storage location.
- Store the battery in a dry, climate-controlled, indoor location between 50 °F – 77 °F (10 °C - 25°C).
- Check the battery every month, and if necessary, use the charger from Bluejay Electric Bicycles to recharge the battery to 75% charged.
Failure to properly charge, store, or use your battery will void the warranty and may cause a hazardous situation. Bluejay Electric Bicycles’ lithium-ion batteries are warranted to the original owner be free from manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 24-month period from the date of original purchase. The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, disassembly, normal wear, or water damage.